Thursday, June 2, 2011

hairrrrrrr

my hair is doing some interesting stuff tonight. its like flat and straight on top but really poofy and wavey (almost curly) as soon as it hits my ears. yay humidity actually letting my hair do something other than lay flat.


a picture for your edumacation

i was going to like scan sketches and things but instead i drew this for you all! also i gotta tell someone. i didnt sleep at all last night but this afternoon i came home and "napped" for four hours. but luckily i'm still tired. maybe i'll actually get some decent sleep tonight.

there's this thing called the thirty days project and being me, i forgot that i wanted to do this thing since you know i don't draw enough as it is. but since i didnt get to sign up for it, i guess i'll be doing it on my own in a bit of a different manner. right now my sleep deprived brain is saying to draw 30 self(ish) portraits, but i was thinking about trying to draw out and finish that watercolor comic idea i had a week ago or so.

i haven't thought up a name for the comic and the character designs aren't entirely flushed out but i know that it is set in winter, probably somewhere between 1900-1930.  but it might just end up being an imaginary time setting. i really just want to draw victorian houses and clothing you'd find in a 1950's musical but you know that is quite a time span right there.

i think i'll do both the self portrait thing (since i have a terrible time accurately drawing myself) and the comic but i'll do all the comic planning first then all the page sketches before i actually paint it. i think it'd be a lot more fun to have a few days where i just paint everything at once. of course I'll need to make sure I leave like 5 days to scan since I'm really impatient with scanner.

anyways those are my art plans. lets see how much actually gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment